Geomatics Indaba 2017 is a fully inclusive geomatics sector conference, exhibition and training event, encompassing all levels of interested and relevant persons, organisations, government departments and agencies, municipalities, public and private companies, NGO’s, universities and training organisations – from students to professionals; junior staff to executives, officials and leaders; in both the public and private sectors; from South Africa, Africa and abroad.
Geomatics Indaba 2017 is primarily aimed at persons and organisations involved with or interested in:
- Geomatics and geographic information science (GISc)
- Surveying (land, mining, engineering, construction, hydrographic, photogrammetric, aerial, RPAS and space-based)
- GNSS, GPS, navigation and positioning technologies
- Remote sensing and photogrammetry
- Mapping and cartography
- Location-based services and business applications
- Geospatial data and databases, data analysis and maintenance
- Software, hardware, tools and equipment for the GISc, surveying and geomatics industries
- As the official event of the year, Geomatics Indaba 2017 is supported and endorsed by The South African Geomatics Council and will register for CPD points.
There will be a number of high-level local and international key-note presenters and panel discussions at the plenary sessions of Geomatics Indaba 2017.
There will also be a heavy emphasis on vocational training, skills upgrading and continuing professional development at Geomatics Indaba 2017, through an intensive series of practical, hands-on training workshops.
The conference theme is ‘Transforming Today for a Better Tomorrow’, with an emphasis on the development of Geomatics (as an industry / technology) in the African context. This implies technological and social advancement of the industry to suit the needs of Africa and bolster development that is appropriate to Africa. The range of topics covered in the conference will include Surveying, Remote Sensing, Geo-Information Science (GISc) and Development Planning and Land Tenure.
- Surveying and data acquisition
- Mine surveying, monitoring and management
- Geographic information systems (GIS)
- Sustainable service delivery
- Engineering and construction applications
- Spatial infrastructure development and planning
- 3D visualisation, BIM and mapping
- Location based services and business applications
- Skills enhancement and professional development
- Peer-reviewed academic track